Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chugging Along...

Making pasta with Davide and Eros! This is the group of all the AFS/Intercultura kids in my local chapter. The girls behind me is Liliana and she is the only other american in the group.


This picture is at the train station in Torino when I first met my host family! (Agnese is at Grandma's house...)


Okey Dokey, Shall we continue with the food?



I feel like you get the jist of it and can guess what dinner is like after reading about lunch and I want to move on and talk about random food stuff so here we go!






If you are eating pasta you always use a fork unless the pasta is small like shells, then it is manditory that you use a big spoon.




We made pizza for dinner tonight. 3 pizzas for 4 people, do the math. ;D We also made pasta from scratch on Sunday and my forearm muscles were soar the next day! It was a lot of fun anyways! I was a pro at getting the dry crummbly dough rolled out into nice little pancakes to put through thepasta squeezer machine thingy!




The nightwe ate the pasta Maria and Dario (Simo's parents) came over for dinner and we ate well! That night we also pulled out this special alchohol stuff. I forget what it was called, but it was a really strong liquer of this fruit that only exists in one small part of Sardinia (or was it Sicily...) and it was intense! I just had one sip and the flavor lasted for ten minutes!(or not... that may have been a hyperbole...) Basically,I like being able to drink.




Oh! How could I forget! You are all probably wondering If I am a chain smoker by now, aren't you? The answer is no. The very first thing that hit me when I stepped out of the airport in Rome was the intense scent of cigarettes. It is very strange also when school finishes and I step out of the school to walk home and I see some of my friends in my class sitting around and smoking on the school steps. It's weird, but it's just how it is.




Now you are all probably wondering WHERE ARE THE PHOTO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

I have more than just the one at the top of this post, but I have many more on my facebook, so I will give you the link to view them all, ok?

www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=62923&id=5709539098&saved




P.S. And to my lovely readers who post comments, I want you to know that I read them and I appreciate them, but I can't always respond to them... (it asks for a login for something that I don't have and is very confusing =( so please don't think I am ignoring you or don't care!)


2 comments:

  1. Hey there, so with all of this wonderful pasta, have you eaten any meat yet??
    Also I am soooo glad that I gave you my nice new camera to take to Italy with you so you take take such wonderful photos to send back to us!!
    I ame specially enjoying the one of Eros's FOREARMS making pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Sorry! So I'm not the worlds best photographer...
    No meat... And it's all fine! I've only got a couple weird looks!

    ReplyDelete