Friday, April 10, 2009

Obama in Italy...

So, perhaps you are all wondering how sad I must be that once my true love (or maybe, just my prefered candidate) was elected president of the United States, off I went to the other side of the planet..



Actually, I find Barack Obama in my everyday live in Italy aswell! He is in every newspaper, he is always on the evening news, and he also found me in France last week! It was on the final day of my trip in France and we had some time for shopping before the long 7 hour busride back to Fossano. I bought myself a lovely black 3/4 sleeve shirt and some chocolates for my host family, Sofie bought an intensely brilliant blue shirt with sequins, Luisa boughtsoap poppy bubble bath things for a friend... but Lucia



Lucia, the shopaholic fashion queen of the class bought a Yes We Can Obama shirt.



I feel ridiculously patriotic sometimes...











Then Elena Armellini (her nickname is Armelline,isn't it pretty!?) bought this magnificent T-shirt:






























Now, this is something else that I bought in France... Crepe aux chocolat. Only the most heavenly thing in this universe...



BEFORE:



























































AFTER:














I ate that magnificent crepe with 5 other girls in my class we were all speechless afterwords... once we were able to talk again we went back to the tiny little kitchen and profoundly thanked the cook, Michel.



It was an afternoon well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment