Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More info on my family!


Ok, well...
I received the official packet in the mail with information about my host family. All I can say is that now, I am a thousand times more excited! 

They are the Morra family, Eros is the Dad, Simona is the mom, Davide and Agnese (a girl!!! I was wrong) are the kids. Agnese is three and loves to swim. They live in a house with a garden near the local high school and they said I can borrow a bike to ride to school!

 They also have a flat at the beach in Pietra Ligure and they go there for the weekends when ever they can. I got pictures of them at the beach and it looks so beautiful!!! Of course I didn't leave it at that, I had to go to google earth and looked up Pietra Ligure, it is the perfect little beach town with the bluest water you have ever seen! 

I was reading their daily schedule and got very nervous because it said that they wake up at 7:30 everyday, but I am NOT a morning person. I wish I was. My dream, my life's goal is to be able to wake up in the mornings without an alarm clock, but the way I am now, the only way I can say I accomplished my dream is if you count 12:00 pm as the "morning".

It also said that they eat coffee or milk with bread and jam for breakfast which I often have for breakfast at home and love!!! 

 I think one of the coolest things about Fossano that I read was that the library is in a castle built in the early thirteen hundreds!!! How awesome is that! My library in Flagstaff, Arizona is in a little brown boxy thing... I mean think about it, a Castle??? More specifically THAT castle shown above!

 Basically is all sounds too good to be true! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, the more i read, the more excited i get for you!
    and the freaking library looks AMAZING!!
    i'm so jealous..
    but when you get there, take pictures with your host family and put them up so we can see!
    yay ITALY!!!

    ReplyDelete