Friday, May 8, 2009

Lunch. Pranzo. Déjeuner. Mittagessen.

I'm so darn bilingual! Look at me whipping out four different languages like that! Go me!
Now a days, school is getting easier, I'm participating in more and understanding a LOT more! I actually got an 8 1/2 (on a scale from 1 to 10, 5 being failing, 10 being impossible) on my german test which is pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself! I'm learning stuff, I'm speaking italian (still not fluent, but getting along beautifully), and I'm happy.
but...

Time is soaring.

I have passed the three month marker and ran straight into a giant wall of homesickness. It hurt, but rather than becomeing miserable with where I am now, home just became a sweeter treat to look forward to. I actually think that getting homesick was what I needed because otherwise I would make myself miserable knowing I only have two months left in Italy!!!

When I hit the halfway marker a letter arrived for me in the mail, from me. I wrote it to myself at the pre-departure orientation back in January... and reading it made me think about if I've changed since then.... the only significant change I could see was that my handwriting is different. I'm still me... I'm the same freckled, smiley, tooth-missing girl, but I get the feeling that I've opened up my eyes a little wider being out of my given place on this planet. Having the courage to live in Italy where the language, smell, and cheese is all different has given me the courage to look into my future and accept that anything literally could happen there, and I'm okay with that.

I can be pretty eloquent when I want to, huh? ;D

Oh, and by the time I return back into my world I won't have only changed on the inside... a significant physical change is presently in the planning process, but I won't give it away until after the fact and I can get a picture posted up here for you.

So that's all for now folks! Please do excuse me for the shorter post this time, and the rarety of my posts, but I find Italy much prettier outside of cyberspace. I can't resist the sunshine calling my name...

CIAO! BACI A TUTTI!!!!!!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment